Today, almost 50% of people in the world are suffering from bad breath. This is possibly due to halitosis but the vast majority comes to bad oral hygiene. Even though 50% of people are suffering from bad breath but no one follows proper oral hygiene to cure this oral health condition. Most of the times, the bad breath leads to awkwardness while sitting among various people. So today, we have brought you an article which will tell you how to cure bad breath permanently through simple bad breath treatment tips.
Causes of Bad Breath
Firstly, we will discuss the causes of bad breath. We have put down some possible causes of bad breath.
Most of the people don’t brush properly because this may be a boring thing. But this leads to the development of plaque in your mouth. The development of plaque results in inflammation and swelling of gums. This even produces bad odour in your mouth which is referred to as bad breath.
The human saliva has the ability to clean the mouth naturally. If the mouth is naturally dry or dry because of a specific disease, bad odour builds up.
Fasting or low-carb diets produce halitosis. This is due to the breakdown of fats producing a chemical called Ketones. These chemicals have a strong bad odour.
Drugs and tobacco
Tobacco products cause their own kind of odour. Even medications sometimes build up odour in your mouth.
Bad Breath Treatment
- Follow proper oral hygiene. Make sure you brush twice a day and floss your teeth once a day. This will help you remove food debris and plaque from your mouth. Replace your toothbrush every 2-3 months or after an illness. Don’t forget to clean your tongue too. In order to clean your tongue, you can use tongue cleaner.
- Get an appointment with your dentist at least once every 6 months. This will help you detect any oral health problem in advance and prevent you from serious problems. This is best you can do for bad breath treatment.
- Stop smoking or chewing tobacco-based products. Consult your dentist to help you kick this bad habit.
- Drinks lots of water in order to keep your mouth moist. You can also go for sugarless chewing gums which can stimulate saliva production in your mouth. The production of saliva remove left out food particle from your mouth and cleans your teeth and gums.
- Avoid eating junk foods or processed foods. Go for healthy and homemade food.
So these were some of the tips for bad breath treatment. We hope you got to know how to cure bad breath permanently. If still, you are unable to get rid of bad breath, see your dentist and ask for the help.