“When ‘I’ is replaced by ‘We’, even illness becomes wellness”
This is a famous quote said by the most famous Brahma Kumari in our country. This inspirational story is the story of a woman who is not less than superwoman. She is none other than Brahma Kumari Shivani Verma. Brahma Kumari is a motivational speaker and attends seminars and television series. We went a little deep inside the life story of Brahma Kumari Shivani Verma and brought you her inspiring life journey.
Shivani Verma was born on 31st May 1972 in Pune. Shivani Verma completed her graduation in electronics engineering at Pune University in 1994 as a Gold medalist. After her graduation, she served for 2 years as a lecturer in Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, Pune.
Shivani Verma was so young when her parents began following Brahma Kumaris. Shivani was not initially interested in Brahma Kumaris. Her parents used to force her to join them in the Brahma Kumaris group. In one of her recent interviews, she said “I was not initially interested in joining Brahma Kumari. My parents used to ask me to join them but I used to block. After 2 years, I began attending Brahma Kumari’s lectures once every 2 weeks at the age of 23”.
Shivani Verma is married to Vishal Verma who has a software business in Gurgaon, Delhi. Initially, Shivani Verma worked backstage at the production of Brahma Kumaris television presentations in Delhi, where senior teachers would record teachings. Her life saw a turning point in 2007 when there was unavailability of Brahma Kumari teachers and she was told to answer viewers’ queries herself.
She earned a good reputation from those sessions and this led to a new television program in 2007. This television program had a title Awakening with Brahma Kumaris. In this program, Shivani Verma was interviewed by co-host Kanu Priya.
Shivani Verma’s television series of conversations with Suresh Oberoi was adapted into a book published in 2015. Her book published with the name of Happiness Unlimited: Awakening With Brahma Kumaris”.
Currently, Shivani Verma travels to various countries in the world including Canada, United States, &, etc. She appears at various charitable events like organ donation event, parenting programs, as well as Brahma Kumaris events. Her famous saying at her events is “we are taught that karma done today will benefit our family for a long time. So it should not take us long to decide to do ‘daan’ of our body’s organs”. Currently, Shivani Verma is a goodwill ambassador of the World Psychiatric Association.
- Women of the Decade Achievers Award by the ASSOCHAM Ladies League in 2014.
- In 2019, Brahma Kumari Shivani Verma was honoured with Nari Shakti Award 2018 by the President of India Ramnath Kovind.
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
- Truth is a debit card – Pay first and enjoy later & Lie is a credit card – Enjoy first and pay later.
- You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind. So turn all the negative thoughts into positive as much as you can.
- When we try to control others, we lose the power to ourselves.
- There are 2 ways of being rich. One is to have all you want, the other is to be satisfied with what you have.
- If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.
- A mistake is not the first step of success but the fact is the correction of mistake is the first step of success.