Narendra Modi has witnessed his journey from a tea vendor to the Prime Minister of the world’s largest democracy, India. He has indeed scripted a success story through which many of us can get inspired. Modi is the first Prime Minister of India who was born after the independence of India. What is inspirable about his success story is that at every difficult point in his life, he had the courage and will power to find out a positive outcome for himself. Narendra Damodardas Modi is an Indian politician and the 16th Prime Minister of India.
Narendra Modi was born to a middle-class family in Gujarat on 17th September 1950. He has 5 more siblings. In his early years, Modi used to help his father Damodardas Mulchand Modi in selling tea along with his brother. Even during his schooling days, Modi made a living by selling tea to Indian soldier on the Mehsana Railway Station. This was the time during the Indo – Pak war. Modi completed his higher education from a small town in Gujarat called Vadnagar. When Modi was 8 years old, he joined RSS (Rashtriya swayamsewak Sangh). His desire was to bring the change in society. His school teachers used to say that he was an average student but he influences audiences in the best way. In 1978, Modi received a Bachelor of Arts degree from University of Delhi and in 1982, he received a Master of Arts degree from Gujarat University in Political Science.
Seeing the potential in him, the RSS in 1985, moved him to the Bharatiya Janata Party. With each progression, Narendra Modi made himself crucial for the gathering. In 1988, Bharatiya Janata Party appointed him as the Organizing Secretary of Gujarat wing. Further, in 1995, he moved to New Delhi to serve as the National Secretary of Bhartiya Janata Party.
When Keshubhai Patel in 2001, the then chief minister, ended his tenure, Bhartiya Janata Party made Narendra Modi the chief-ministerial candidate from Gujarat. Narendra Modi became the Chief-Minister of Gujarat. He was the Chief Minister of Gujarat four continuous terms.
In 2014, Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India which was a huge turning point in his political career.
In 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Narendra Modi gained an overwhelming number of votes for himself and his party. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was able to overcome all obstacles during these elections. Some of his achievements are mentioned below:
- In 2007, Narendra Modi was named the Best Chief Minister across nation overview by India.
- March 2012, he showed up on the front of Time magazine, one of the only couple of government officials that have done so.
- In 2014,2015, and 2016, he was named in the list of top 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time magazine.
- Year 2014, Forbes magazine ranked him 15th Most-Powerful Person in the World.
- 2015 and 2016, Forbes again ranked PM Modi 9th Most-Powerful Person in the World.
- PM Modi was ranked at 5th position in Fortune magazine’s “World’s Greatest Leaders”.
- 2016, the Madame Tussaud Museum in London disclosed PM Modi’s wax statue.
Some Inspiring Facts about PM Modi
- He is known as the most workaholic person in BJP and in the government. As a Chief Minister of Gujarat for 13 years, he did not take any leave.
- Modi was a spiritual person in his early life. He left his home at the age of 17 to visit Northern, northeast India, and various Hindu temples.
- He is a strict vegetarian and he doesn’t smoke.
- His prefers to wear traditional Indian attire and is a style icon to many.
- Whatever gifts he receives get into the auction. The money collected is then donated to the Kanya Kelavani fund. This is an initiative for girl child education.